I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Project

Remember the bedframe I was talking about earlier that I bought? Well my weekend consisted of this...




Say hi to Grandma Sandy!

At first I was just going to stain the bedframe. But then I decided that I want all my bedroom furniture to match! So we spent about 4 hours on Friday staining and then another 4 hours today. Most all of it is done...thank God!

All we have left to do is the other sides of the headboard and footboard and then put the poly finish on it.

I love the dark mahogany color we got! However, it took about 4 coats of the stain to get it how we wanted it to look. Needless to say, this was a very pain in the ass task to do and I will not be doing something like it again!

My grandma asked if I would ever do this again and I said no way. I told her that I hope I don't need new bedroom furniture until I get married and by then I'll have money to buy new stuff that all goes together. Haha.

Thanks, Grandma, for all you're help! You are so awesome.

With love,
Ali

No comments: