I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How Do YOU Know??

I am sitting in class about 5 minutes before it is going to start. I'm a pretty good day dreamer so I am reflecting upon a few things.

I was thinking back to when I first started dating my now ex-boyfriend. Everyone around me besides my parents kept telling me how bad of a decision it was to date this guy.

Their reasoning? He was too old and we were at different points in our lives. Granted, he is 9 years older than I, but how do they know what's right and wrong for me?

I must say dating that guy was probably the best thing that had ever happened to me. I was so happy all the time. And I was so in love. Which is probably the reason why I was so heartbroken when he decided that relationship wasn't what he wanted.

But that's besides the point.

I am just curious as to why people my own age think they know what's better for me. It utterly confuses me.

AND, no that was not all. When we broke up, people who I thought were my friends had told my real friends, "well it's probably a good thing. It wouldn't have worked out anyway. They are at total different points in their lives."

HOW DO YOU KNOW???

Were you there through our ups and downs and through our whole relationship? Because of the fact that no one knew the circumstances of our relationship (I'm kind of a private person besides this blog) I tend to believe they had/have no clue what is best for me.

Only we know what is best for ourselves. There are those people to bring in their two cents every once in a while, but those are people like parents and BEST friends whom you would hope would tell you what they think. People were also in awe that my parents were okay with it. Nine years isn't that much, people!

Some people just don't understand that other people are strong and able to take care of themselves.

And that's what really bothers me.

That's my reflection for the day.

Thanks for letting me be on a soapbox for 15 minutes.

With love,
Ali


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: