I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Friday, February 24, 2012

20 to 20--Day 5.

Faith.

I was and still am a born and raised catholic girl. If you ask me, it's not the most exciting faith to be a part of. Masses are repetitive and sometimes boring, and you better get a good priest for said mass or you'll be mind wandering for an hour.

When I was growing up we went to the same church almost every Sunday. I hated going to church and religion. Absolutely hated.

If you ask me how I feel about it now? I am so glad to be a catholic girl. I can't wait to get married in a huge catholic church. Specifically, the church I grew up going to with the same priest I grew up listening to.

I do have one complaint. Just recently the catholic church decided to change words to "modernize" the prayers more. It's awful. There was absolutely no reason to do so. AND...I went to church for Ash Wednesday in Mankato just this week and the priest...well...let's just say that if I had never been to church before, I wouldn't have been able to understand him. That ruins it for me. Looks like I'll be finding a new church.

Lately, I haven't been going to mass. Let's face it, while I'm here at school I don't go to mass. If I go home on the weekend I go with my family but I usually don't go here. But I find myself CRAVING a good church service.

So even though I could barely understand the priest on Wednesday, I still went.

Proof:




For lent I gave up candy, chips, and pop. So far so good, but it's only been 3 days. Ugh.

Have a great weekend!

With love,
Ali

No comments: