I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Book Review!

I got a Kindle for Christmas in 2010 and I LOVE it.  In the year and couple months I have had it I have read 25 books.  Seriously...that is 2 books a month! I honestly believe that if I didn't have my Kindle, I would not read this much at all.  It's such a pain in the a** to go and actually buy a paperback book.

So I'm going to do a book review for all the books I have read since I got this handy dandy little e-reader. I decided I will do one or a couple books each Friday and if some people seem to like it maybe it'll become a link-up!


The first book I got on my Kindle...

1. Not What She Seems by Victorine E. Lieske



Here is the Amazon description of this book:

Steven Ashton, a billionaire from New York, and Emily Grant, on the run from the law...and when they meet he can’t help falling for her. What he doesn’t know is that interfering in her life will put his own life in danger.

When billionaire Steven Ashton couldn’t stand his high society social life anymore, he left the stress of New York on a vacation for his soul. The need to meet real down to earth people led him to a small Nebraska town. He didn’t want to lie about who he was, but he couldn’t exactly tell them the truth.

Emily could have easily fallen in love with Steven, under different circumstances, but her past was catching up with her and she needed a new life. If the authorities found out about her, she could lose the one thing that meant everything, her four year old son.

Not What She Seems is approximately 67,000 words long.

This book is a "sweet" romantic suspense, appropriate for all ages.

For being $0.99 on Amazon, this book was a real hit. It is a thriller, which I realize I have come to like...a lot. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a shorter, easy read.

I can only afford to do one book tonight! This weekend my choir is headed to Iowa (wooo?) for a retreat/rehearsal at Drake University. So I'm off to pack up my stuff!

Have a great weekend, loves!

With love,
Ali

No comments: