I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Male Population Randomness

As I mentioned way back when, I went out on a date with a guy I met at a wedding. I really liked him and thought we hit it off well. I went to his house a few more times and he drove down to my apartment once also (we live an hour and 20 minutes apart).

It finally came to the point where we had to have "the talk." I needed to know what he was thinking and vice versa.

Well to make a long story short, he told me he didn't think he had time to commit to a relationship with work and the busy time of the season. Whatever, I was kind of fine with it. I decided I'd stop talking to him because that would make it easier for me. So I did.

He had texted me a few more times since we talked about things and I texted back but I mostly blew it off because I didn't want my heart involved in something I knew wasn't going to happen.

About a week went by with no talking. Until Monday night. HE texted me. We talked for a little bit and the conversation lapped over to Tuesday. Tuesday night's conversation went a little like this:

Me: What are you up to tonight?

Him: Icing my hamstring and watching the tube. You?

Me: Avoiding writing papers by making banana bread.

Him: I love banana bread!

Me: Me too! I'm a pretty dang good baker too. :)

Him: What the heck. Why didn't I ever reap the benefits of these great cooking skills?

Me: You didn't stick around long enough to reap those benefits!

Him: I know. I suck and am an idiot.

Me: Only sometimes.

Him: Yeah mostly true.

Then I changed the subject because I didn't know what else to say...

Me: Isn't it your bedtime?

Him: Yep just crawling in now. It's freezing too because it's getting closer to winter!

Me: Better crank the heat!

Him: I added two more blanket and a space heater so as long as your under the covers it's fine.

Me: Or cuddling with someone.

Him: That would be so so so much better. You want to drive up tonight?

Me: Um...not tonight.

Him: So not tonight implies some other night? :)

Me: Well maybe...

And then he went to bed. I'm kind of bitter toward him because he made me upset when he told me he didn't want a relationship after seeing eachother for over a month.

But WHAT is THIS??????

I'm so confused. Is he changing his mind now? I'm glad I laid it on thick last night. A few times I really wanted to say "ooh burn" or "how does that make you feel" or "ouch."

Haha. But that's just me.

Right now I'm waiting in the Elementary Education office for an appointment and there was a major hottie in here. And I look like a scrub. Go figure.

P.S. I haven't seen any good looking guys on campus YET. Where did this one come from?

With love,
Ali

1 comment:

Christie said...

I probably shouldn't even be committing on this because I am un trusting with men, almost always. I just think they think of one thing first and thats all. Don't let this man hurt your feelings girl.....You are to sweet and a very beautiful girl for you to let him string you along