I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 1

I went to bed last night at 12:30...probably not a great idea since I had to get up at 5:30. But hey, my mom and I were watching Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders which is obviously better than sleeping.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning, got dressed, and finished packing all my hunting wear into my car. My little brother and I ran to the gas station to grab some hot chocolate and then back home we went. We are fortunate enough to live really close to the land we hunt on so no "hunting shack" is needed!

At about 6:30 I left my house and drove about 15 minutes to where I hunt. I put on my orange and boots, loaded my gun, and headed out to the woods.

I finally climbed up in my stand and got all settled about 5 minutes ago which would make that about 7:10. It's going to be a beautiful morning. Fortunately, I haven't had to turn on my heater because it's pretty warm out (as warm as the weather could get on hunting opener in MN) despite the wind.

Even though I hate the cold so dang much, this really is one of my favorite times of year. I get to sit up in this tree stand and reflect to myself. It's just time to myself where I don't have to worry about one thing and I can just breathe. And I think we all need that.

As I was walking out to my stand I saw a huge buck scrape on a tree so that got me a little excited. I've never seen a deer from this stand so I was a little leery on wanting to come to this stand...but I think it'll be okay.

I'm already hearing gun shots...how? I have no clue because it's still dark out! Crazy people, I tell ya.

Here is my morning so far:




I really don't think you can see anything from this. It's a pretty pathetic iPhone picture and it doesn't do the woods justice right now. It's lighter than what the picture shows!

Updates later...I'm going to open some hot, hot chocolate.

Happy deer hunting! And to all those who aren't hunting, happy weekending, friends.

With love,
Ali

No comments: