I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yeowch.

I work in a department store and sometimes (like today and tomorrow) my shifts are 8+ hours long.

This weekend I work(ed) Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

These shifts are awful too. Okay, so I might be exaggerating, but right now, they're bad. I mean, I feel like I'm going to collapse by the end of the night I'm THAT tired!

I hafta tell ya somethin' 'bout these shifts, too. There ain't no sitting around. I'm talkin' about putting other people's messes of clothes away for EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT.

Okay, okay...so I get a lunch break. FOR A HALF HOUR. That's it! Nothing else. All the rest of the time I'm running my booty off putting clothes back so there aren't a ton left over at the end of the night.

Here's my point...

My feet HURT. I mean, they're KILLING me! Obviously it's because my shoes aren't the best to wear. I like to wear flats or ballet flats because they're fashionable. We can't wear tennis shoes (as much as I would love to for the comfort) so I really have no other option than to wear flats.




Are there any flats you'd swear by to not make your feet hurt? I'm willing to try almost anything! Within reasonable price, though.

I NEED to do something here!

With love,
Ali

2 comments:

Christie said...

I love my Toms shoes....They are flats and very comfortable..

Sarah Grecco said...

Hey Ali! Thanks for stopping by the blog. I hear ya on the shoes thing. I live in a big city and walking is so common on a work day. I just bought some wedge boot heels (see blog this week) and they are a LIVE SAVER. Cute but also comfy.

On the snack front here is my go to for low cal snacks that take longer to eat...haha

1. Hot tea. Takes a LONG time to finish and actually suppresses hunger and cravings. Add a little honey and voila.

2. Apples and natural peanut butter. I slice the apples like chips. They fill me up fast.

3. I dig deep for will power.

I know it isn't easy but try and get your roommates on board....the more support you have the easier it is....

xo
Sarah
Get Up & Go