I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Live and Learn.

My mom comes up with the best one-liners.

Granted, they are one-liners that many, many people before her have said.

For example: "Just breathe." She gave me this little piece of advice when I was going through the worst heartbreak I have ever experienced in my life. Literally, I didn't think I could overcome what had happened to me. However, with my mom as one of my best friends, I survived. I'm one of those girls who is lucky enough to have the relationship with my mom that I do. She is awesome. She doesn't say too much unless I ask her advice, but when she does talk, everything means so much to me and helps me through any tough situation.

Another example:

This past weekend when I was at Winstock (Post on that to come later. I am currently on the family computer which does not have my pictures on it...and I'm sure you want pictures!) there was some major drama. Imagine this...best friend and I go to Winstock. I am also really good friends with the ex's sister. Ex and sister were there, too. Catch that? Ex and I are not on good terms. Catch THAT? Anywho...alcohol and emotions and other guys and more emotions and more alcohol. Needless to say, I needed help. I was accused of doing something that wasn't appropriate in the eyes of the ex and his sister and their family. Which is NOT true. It may sound bad...but I just don't really want to go into detail. If you really must know, email me. :)

Where is this relevent to one-liners? Okay...so I tell my mom almost everything. I told her the story from the weekend and what everyone said about me, blah blah blah. And she said "Well, live and learn I guess." Which thinking about it now, she is SO correct.

When you live, you learn...how to act in certain situations.

When you live, you learn...who your friends are.

When you live, you learn...the difference between right and wrong.

When you live, you learn...what you want and do not want.

When you live, you learn...what you are capable of.

After more advice from the weekend from someone other than my mom, I learned that I need to take everything in. I am young, talented, (don't worry, I'm not being conceited), etc., and I need to just go outside, spread open my arms and conquer the world. I need to walk out my front door, take a deep breath, and say "THIS is what I have in front of me." I have everything I could ever want if I try hard enough for it. So, thank you anonymous advice giver for this great advice that I will always remember. It is greatly appreciated. Because even though I know I can do what I want, it took another person to tell me that only I define me.

I just wanted to share all this advice because I know it's not only for me. Everyone should be told this advice once in their life. So that's why I'm telling you.

So live life the way you want to. Nothing defines you but you.

With love,
Ali

1 comment:

Brianna. said...

I love this. Like, really really love this. YES.