I'm just a simple girl who loves the summertime and being with friends and family. I love my life!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Am I Crazy...?

I enjoy running. To many people, that makes me crazy...and yes, I believe them. I am crazy. However, I'm not a running expert and I've never run any races before. That's why I've finally decided to start! I've been running for a couple years when I really got into working out, but I didn't see the enjoyment of running until this year.

What really wracked my brain and made me decide to do this was something I went through a little over a month ago. Yep, you guessed it...a breakup. A really amazing, super nice, extremely comforting friend asked me what I was doing for myself in all this. I didn't have an answer. I've always enjoyed running and I'm a huge competitor so I thought, 'why not put the two together and race?' So I am. With my mom I am doing a 5K, 10K, and half marathon this summer...and let me say...I am PUMPED!

As much as I enjoy running, it's definitely not as easy as I wish/thought it were/was. I used to be able to run 5-6 miles EASY PEASY. But now? Yeah, I can only run 3.5 on a good day! I guess it means I need to get on that. I have no idea what happened. Perhaps it could be due to the lack of motivation that I once got from a certain someone. I try as hard as I can to motivate myself but nothing works as well as trying to impress someone.

Back on track here...running, I have noticed, has also made my pants bigger! Or me smaller, I suppose. So for this fact alone I encourage anyone to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather...especially the day we had today here in Jamestown!

I honestly hope I continue to enjoy running until I am physically no longer able to stand. :)

Happy running,
Alissa :)

No comments: